Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

• Lu Lu (9/1/2014 2:37:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Morning, the garden has a green grass, golfer waiting sunny

Most forgiving irons are located on Earth, all creatures are showing a harvest of prosperity

www.mostforgivingirons.co.uk gives you a strong body, Great minds have purpose to play golf

So you must know, If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere

• John Westlake (8/31/2014 7:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

My fellow poets (both young and old) , this is a friendly warning. There have been a few members who have been getting scam messages from members in Senegal. This is just one of the messages sent to one member:

I am happy to view your profile
    today i pray and go through it than i decided to contact you,
    I am just a simple lady and single.
    I want you to understand that age, color or distance does not matter
    but loving and caring matters a lot in life,
    I will appreciate it so much if you directly contact me through my email address which is
    (missnabila4life@live.com) to enable me tell you more information about me,
    because i don't know much here I will await for your email
    Nabila

As soon as you contact her/him/them via your email, she/he/they will basically tell you some sob story and say that they have a large amount of money (normally about £50,000) that they want give to you. They will ask for your bank details and ask them to send money to them, usually £500. Please for the love of the creator, don't send them any money and report their profile to Poem Hunter. These people are criminals who just want to take your money and give nothing in return. Please don't let these people corrupt the site and ruin it for every one. Please share this with ALL of your poem hunter contacts to let them know.

Thanks for reading

Profanisaurus

• Joanna Kotsoni (8/30/2014 4:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I use to write late at night with some instrumental music on the background. That helps me relax and find the rythm I want my poem to have.
    I don't use any writing technique like rhymes or something. I just feel and write. Of course I read my poems again and again until I find something to complete them. I remember a poem I tried to write before I sent my book for publishing. It was unfinished because I couldn't find the exact words to express my feelings. I let myself listen to other poems (by different poets) that made me feel like the way I felt and I found the words to complete my poem and send my book to the publisher.

• Mohammad Skati (8/30/2014 8:42:00 AM) Post reply Stage

My point of view says that writing is a must to everyone, so anyone can benefit greatly.

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (8/29/2014 9:50:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I am not an English man I am belong to the Kuki community as well as very young to improve my poetry I am badly in need of one person from English man. And my proposal technique is I am now making a book of poetry dictionary of lexicon vocabulary and poetry school for India which is not so far available in India, because poemHunter will not end and for everlasting so many young boys and girls may earn some thing from poetry competition in the days to come.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (8/29/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply Stage

With my own vision and observation around my surroundings, meetings, and other occasions, I think about the various problems people faces and challenges they dealt with for a proper living. My most interested subject contains the human being's woes and sufferings and taking up the challenges of life through which I get an opportunity for a theme.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 4:14:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Never stop writing, reading, or listening in all of your life simply because that will help you great.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 2:28:00 AM) Post reply Stage

From this pretty forum, I do encourage everyone to enjoy writing poetry. Please never hesitate, but feel good to write anything. Thanks.

• Kay Staley (8/28/2014 9:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

To write a good poem, first decide who you are writing it for. If the poem is for yourself then let yourself all out into your work; try to capture all of your feelings into it. If the poem is for other readers and you want it to be remembered/liked, then you have to follow their rules. I would advice to always rhyme your poetry because nonrhyming poetry is not remembered as easily. If you name your poems then make sure that the name is catchy and different. Dont make the poem to short (for fear people will think its a quote) and dont make the poem to long (for fear that people will think its a book) . Use drastic language and put in lots of emotion to make the reader identify. Be extreme in whatever you talk about. If you are being unrealistic, then go to the sky with it. If you are being realistic make sure to make it sad because life doesnt turn out that great and everyone knows it. Good luck writing poetry and if you need help or want to ask questions about ideas or anything like that, be sure to message me!

Replies for this message:
  • Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 5:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

When anyone or any poet is tired writing poetry, just go ahead and read or listen to others' poems.

[Hata Bildir]