Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/16/2014 3:11:00 PM) Post reply

The more we write, the more we get experienced...The more we read, the more we get ready to write better poetry and so on.

• John Westlake Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/15/2014 12:11:00 AM) Post reply

It's a pity that many poets just want to knock the confidence of others and greatly disrespect them. Surely supporting your fellow poets is far better. Together we can achieve greatness if we stand united. Sounds like an impossible dream, but it is possible if we can show respect.

• Michael Hagwood Rookie - 1st Stage (9/14/2014 9:11:00 PM) Post reply

I started to post poems.after read shakespere on poemhunter

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/14/2014 11:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Everyone can write any poetry, but not everyone can recite poetry in its pretty meaning. We all like poetry and some write poem, but does not mean that someone is a poet at all. Thanks.

Replies for this message:
  • Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/13/2014 2:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I know a lot of people who write poetry, but they don't publish it for some reasons. These people are great in writing poems, but they prefer to be in the shadow. Encouraging people anywhere and everywhere to write and to publish poetry will these people to come forward.

• John Westlake Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/15/2014 12:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

That would not work. You can't force someone t publish their work. There are many who have their own reasons for not publishing. Let them do it when they are ready, not before.

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/11/2014 11:52:00 AM) Post reply

There are a lot great poets and a lot of great poetess in our great website, so I would like to write about great poetesses or great poetess. For example, I can talk about Valsa George's poetry or Neela Nath's poems in a way to show their great styles anytime. We can highlight on certain aspects or anything else.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/11/2014 3:18:00 AM) Post reply

Strong emotions and circumstances when it met by a talented poetic heart there is a subject to say in the poem. As well as poetry is just like a mirror showing the picture before it which feels beautiful for good recitation and understanding.

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/10/2014 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I suggest studying or showing any poet or any poetess' poems. I like to have pretty comparisons between poets or poetesses. I like the guys to focus on certain poets or poems, so what do you think?

• John Westlake Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/14/2014 11:57:00 PM) Post reply

No. You should not focus on the works of one person. I am currently reading the works of over 10 different poets and would have to say that my method in this case works for me.

• John Westlake Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/9/2014 9:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Try to avoid profanity in your poems. I know that it is so very easy to slip up or get caught in the moment and swear, but please bear in mind that some members are under 18 and don't need or want to hear or read you spout it.

• Pranab K Chakraborty Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/10/2014 12:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Better under 18 should be restricted to avail this site. Or PH should use levels like A and U as film do. Or another section for mentally matured poets could be opended by PH where adult poem-makers w ... more

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/9/2014 12:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The skills of writing poetry and the discussions, exchange of views, are very much useful for new comers no doubt.

• John Westlake Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/9/2014 9:23:00 PM) Post reply

I would say not only new comers, but to veteran poets as well. I have only been on this site for 6 months, but the comments I have received have in some ways been useful. Feedback can be useful to a ... more

[Hata Bildir]