Edward Estlin Cummings
Edward Estlin Cummings, popularly known as E. E. Cummings, with the abbreviated form of his name often written by others in all lowercase letters as e. e. cummings, was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. His body of work encompasses approximately 2,900 poems, an autobiographical novel, four plays and several essays, as well as numerous drawings and paintings. He is remembered as a preeminent voice of 20th century poetry, as well as one of the most popular.
Birth and early years
Cummings was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on October 14, 1894 to Edward and Rebecca Haswell Clarke Cummings. He was named after his father but his family ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- i carry your heart with me
- maggie and milly and molly and may
- 1(a... (a leaf falls on loneliness)
- i like my body when it is with your
- anyone lived in a pretty how town
- I Am A Beggar Always
- all in green
- in just-
- in time of daffodils(who know
- if I should sleep with a lady called dea...
- i have found what you are like
- if everything happens that can't be done
- in spite of everything...
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)