Edward Estlin Cummings
Edward Estlin Cummings, popularly known as E. E. Cummings, with the abbreviated form of his name often written by others in all lowercase letters as e. e. cummings, was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. His body of work encompasses approximately 2,900 poems, an autobiographical novel, four plays and several essays, as well as numerous drawings and paintings. He is remembered as a preeminent voice of 20th century poetry, as well as one of the most popular.
Birth and early years
Cummings was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on October 14, 1894 to Edward and Rebecca Haswell Clarke Cummings. He was named after his father but his family ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- i carry your heart with me
- maggie and milly and molly and may
- 1(a... (a leaf falls on loneliness)
- i like my body when it is with your
- I Am A Beggar Always
- anyone lived in a pretty how town
- in time of daffodils(who know
- in spite of everything...
- in just-
- i have found what you are like
- all in green
- If I have made, my lady, intricate
- if I should sleep with a lady called dea...
Comments about Edward Estlin Cummings
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)