Edward Estlin Cummings
Edward Estlin Cummings Poems
- I Carry Your Heart With Me i carry your heart with me(i carry...
- Maggie And Milly And Molly And... maggie and milly and molly...
- 1(A... (A Leaf Falls On Loneli... 1(a le af
- If If freckles were lovely, and day was night, And measles ...
- I Like My Body When It Is With... i like my body when it is...
- I Am A Beggar Always i am a beggar always who begs in your ...
- Anyone Lived In A Pretty How T... anyone lived in a pretty ...
Edward Estlin Cummings, popularly known as E. E. Cummings, with the abbreviated form of his name often written by others in all lowercase letters as e. e. cummings, was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. His body of work encompasses approximately 2,900 poems, an autobiographical novel, four plays and several essays, as well as numerous drawings and paintings. He is remembered as a preeminent voice of 20th century poetry, as well as one of the most popular.
Birth and early years
Cummings was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on October 14, 1894 to Edward and Rebecca Haswell Clarke Cummings. He was named after his father but his family called him... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Carry Your Heart With Me
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul ...