David Burton Richardson
David Burton Richardson Poems
- The Evening Sun Words gushing, thrushing Thrusting and ...
- The Long, Long Night Dark night and deepest thought And ...
- The Long Dark Sleep Deep down in Deaths dark depths of sodden...
- In Darkest Dreams In darkest dreams we see Those damdest ...
- A Sunny Day In Amroth That Blue Violet haze of shimmering ...
- The Grey Veil Deep down amongst the Mist, where dark deep ...
- Black Preseli Black burnt Gorse of Carbon Hands That clutch ...
David Burton-Richardson is an internationally recognised Painter and Sculptor, with works in Public and private collections worldwide. Having suffered from self doubt and depression since childhood, Burton-Richardsons work is often about the dark side of life. His Poetry has always featured as an integral part of his life and, like the paintings, suggest the ephemeral and fleeting aspects of life,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Burton Richardson
The Evening Sun
Words gushing, thrushing
Thrusting and pushing
Are silent when all is done
And they will mean a truer word
As they fade away with the evening Sun
We say to you and say to them
The undoubted honest phrase
That melts away and fades so pale
Into the Violet haze
But words are silent when all is done
As they die and fade away into the evening Sun
So when at last that words no more
Can make ammends and heal for sure
We look within our hidden World
Disabled, ashamed at what we've done
And then the Reaper comes and goes away
Just like the evening ...