dave lessard Poems
- Boat Crazy. Give me a ship that has no rudder, that has no ...
- Searching For You. I looked for you along the boulevard, ...
- Us. We have met the enemy and he is us, polluters of the ...
- Secret Love. For your eyes only, a secret known by you; ...
- Psalm For A Troubled Heart. There isn't a day, that I don't...
- Here And Now. Looking back, there are no obstacles, to ...
- Wife. I can't survive without the sunshine, can't go on ...
retired hospital worker.
Hiker, reader, writer. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Comments about dave lessard
Give me a ship that has no rudder,
that has no compass for a guide;
just give me the sea to float upon,
and white-capped waves to ride.
Give me a morn that looks slate-gray,
with a somber, haunted look;
with some wind to push me forward,
and one good readable book.
Then when the sun bursts through,
and gulls cry out for living;
give me the empty, endless miles,
and weather that's forgiving.
I'll sleep amongst the stars,
and gaze at night-time jewels;
where man is but a speck of dirt,
and mother nature rules.
Give me a ...