Clifton King Poems
- How To Make Blackberry Wine -new- Get up early and make coffee. ...
- Giverny Garden The garden is raucous with yellow and ...
- Sunday Shoes I don’t own a pair of Sunday shoes, leather ...
- We Were There We were there in The Haight, flowers in our ...
- The Porch -new- I bought this house for the porch, open to the ...
- Invitation To A Bath Party -new- There is nothing more ...
- Sunday Ride -new- When you ride a motorcycle ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Clifton King
How To Make Blackberry Wine
Get up early and make coffee.
Watch the sun rise over the Cascades.
This will not improve the wine in any way,
but is a proper beginning for the day.
Have breakfast before setting out
to harvest blackberries. They are not
difficult to find along old fence lines,
the perimeters of farm fields
and I know there’s a big patch behind
the barn on the Wilson farm.
Beware of thorns and yellow jackets.
When your bucket is full, fingers
a brilliant purple from berry juice,
the harvest is done. On the way home
stop at the Johnson place. Give ...