Christian Lacdael Poems
- Bare Trees Fracture lines cut in a bleak sky, Stripped bare...
- Social Media The world's shrunk by our need to share, ...
- Lion Heart Cometh what may, I'll win the day, Amid the ...
- Spring Equinox Darkness loses its upper hand, Balance has ...
- London Riots 2011 Anarchy is wrecking Britain, Whilst ...
- London 7/7 Bombings A dark anniversary dawns, Such tragic ...
- Out On The Pull I'm sorry for being so blunt, But ...
A love of folklore, Anglo-Saxon verse and an archaic Britain, ever guides my efforts at writing verse. I have particular interest in writing narrative poems of British legends and customs, lest we forget. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Christian Lacdael
Fracture lines cut in a bleak sky,
Stripped bare across the countryside,
Shadows of what they used to be,
Silhouetted so beautifully,
No more a haven to make a home,
Fragile looking veins are exposed,
Sun bleeds through while blindingly low,
Wood spirits are compelled to go,
A sight rooted in these cold months,
Crafted by a cruel lack of warmth,
Weather the sky gods issue forth,
Sent to the front line from the north,
But trees fear not old man winter,
His firm grip can't last forever,
Soon things will be back as they were,
Till the ...