chantelle ribeiro Poems
- Child Soldiers... Innocence lost in the desert ...
- The Old Man On A Bench... An old man on a withered ...
- Harsh Reality... The whole room disappeared I was ...
- With Age Comes Wisdom... I love my age To think I feared ...
- It Was Not My Fault - A Poem F...
- A Woman's Strength Lying half dead A broken being in the ...
- A Father's Day Poem... Rum and maple comes to mind Your ...
A woman finding herself
Growing up I was lost. Wrong choices and bad experiences seemed the order of the day, but now that I am older I understand I had to take this journey. It turns out I am happy with the woman I have become...
A mysterious woman with a deep soul and lots of thoughts to share... This then my short biography for now... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Innocence lost in the desert winds
lifeless eyes stare
devoid of childish thrills
Adventures a distant memory
only survival instinct remains
The savage brainwashing
A precious child
forced into a life of crime
a machete caked with blood
soaking into the dunes
staring out from a dirty bandanna
devoid of emotion
on the horizon the azure ocean
but the wondrous nature of that child
vicious and cruel
witnesses to evil so profound
their families murdered
before them ...