Bulleh Shah (1680 - 1758 / Uch, Punjab / Pakistan)
Bulleh Shah Qadiri Shatari, often referred to simply as Bulleh Shah (Punjabi: بلہے شاہ, ਬੁੱਲ੍ਹੇ ਸ਼ਾਹ, Hindi: बुल्ले शाह) whose real name was Abdullah Shah, was a Punjabi Sufi poet, a humanist and philosopher.
Bulleh Shah is believed to have been born in 1680, in the small village of Uch, Bahawalpur, Punjab, now in Pakistan.
When he was six months old, his parents relocated to Malakwal. There his father, Shah Muhammad Darwaish, was a preacher in the village mosque and a teacher. His father later got a job in Pandoke, about 50 miles southeast of Kasur. Bulleh Shah received his early schooling in Pandoke, and moved to Kasur for higher ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- At this one point, all talk ends
- Banish the timekeeper, my beloved has co...
- Bulla! I know not who I am
- Come my love
- Do come to me
- Enough is enough
- Enough of learning, my friend!
- Going to Makkah is not the ultimate
- He Who is Stricken by Love
- Hide not behind the veil, my love
- I Have Been Pierced By The Arrow Of Love
- I have got lost in the city of love
- I have learnt a secre
- I long for my beloved