Blue Guitar Poems
- A Candle's Reminder I am, where, once before, things ...
- Who Cooks For You? Who cooks for you? You ask But who do ...
- Beginnings Beginnings they say, are delicate But what of ...
- Pressure The pressure graws at me Not gushing, but welling ...
- Em She let me down easy, Though she did not have to. First...
- New York - 1
- But The Lucky Ones The sea may rise and fall In great ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Blue Guitar
A Candle's Reminder
I am, where, once before, things happened
The candle crackles as if to say
Do not pretend
This place holds no memory
And so the mind fetches the worn key
And fumbles in the frozen lock
If you must, it says
Preferring to keep its distance
Embrace the bittersweet memory of earlier poems
When heartbroken verse remained unwritten
Dwell in that viscous and ephemerally transparent wax
Flame perilously close to death by errant draft
And know that this is the way of the world
Trace her memory and carve it ever deeper
Then pretend ...