Barry Trembetzky Poems
- Sweet Sorrow -new- Oh Sweet Sorrow You are my constant ...
- What's The Idea? -new- It is Saturday morning 8am I am on my way ...
- The Jews Killed Jesus -new- Mom enrolled me in Catholic ...
- The Songbird -new- I had a first date last night It was with a ...
- Love Is A Drug -new- When I go to bed I hear her sweet voice I ...
- Dewey's Camp -new- When I arrived that summer I could not run up ...
- The Gambler -new- Mom turned off the lights She whispered to us to...
Canadian poet residing in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
Founder of the Niagara Poetry Club meetup group which hosts poetry reading meetings for aspiring poets residing in the Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada. https: //www.meetup.com/Niagara-Poetry-Club/ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Barry Trembetzky
Mom turned off the lights
She whispered to us to keep quiet
while someone pounded on the door
Dad was late paying the rent again
The parading of horses and smell of dung
The look of desperation as patrons' toss
their losing tickets to the ground
This was my second home
Dad played the big game at the Stardust
Pockets so full of cash his pants fell down
Now a whale, we were treated like royalty
Comped to the best, until he lost it all
Dad joined Gamblers Anonymous
He went legit by playing the stock market
In the bull market, he became a ...