Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra Poems
- Mirza Ghalib In Old Age His eyesight failed him, But in his ...
- Inscription Last night a line appeared,Unbidden, ...
- Continuities This is about the green miraculous trees, And ...
- Two Lakes Lakes do not happen Only in geography. I know one...
- To An Unborn Daughter If writing a poem could bring you Into...
- On The Death Of A Sunday Paint... He smoked a cherry-wood ...
- Where Will The Next One Come F... The next one will come from...
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra is a noted Indian English poet, anthologist, literary critic and translator. He is well known for incorporating a post-modernist style in modern English poetry.
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra a popular name in modern English poetry was born the year 1947 in Lahore. He has published four volumes of poetry. Mehrotra had completed his education from Oxford University. Presently the poet has been nominated for the chair of Professor of Poetry at the University of Oxford in 2009. It is the style of Mehrotra to continually revise a small body of work, polishing, crafting, and aiming at elegance, wit precision and an impersonality which will fix ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Mirza Ghalib In Old Age
His eyesight failed him,
But in his soldier's hands,
Still held like a sword,
Was the mirror of couplets.
By every post came
Friends' verses to correct,
But his rosary-chain
Was a string of debts.
[From: Both Sides of the Sky] (anthology ed. by Eunice de Souza)