Syed Akbar Hussain Rizvi popularly known as Akbar Allahabadi (Urdu: اكبر الہ آبادی ) was an Indian Urdu poet.
Akabar Allahabadi was born at Allahabad , India. Though initially educated only in madrasas (religious school), he later studied law and finally retired as a session judge in Allahabad High Court. He belonged to a Shia Muslim family.
He lived through tumultuous times, which is evident in his poetry, witnessing the first war of independence in 1857, first world war and even the initial part of Gandhi's peaceful movement.
Akbar's ustad was Waheed, who was the shagird of Aatish. Akbar is the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Ham Aah Bhii Karate Hai.N To Ho Jaate Ha...
- Saa.Ns Lete Huye Bhii Darataa Huu.N
- Duniyaa me.n huu.N duniyaa kaa talab_gaa...
- Dil Meraa Jis Se Bahalataa Ko_Ii Aisaa N...
- Ghamzah Nahin Hota Ke Ishara Nahin Hota
- Hangaamaa Hai Kyuu.N Barpaa Tho.Dii Sii ...
- Aa.Nkhe.N Mujhe Talvo.N Se Vo Malane Nah...
Comments about Akbar Allahabadi
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)