Agus R. Sarjono
Agus R. Sarjono Poems
- A Time for Love -new- Its time for birds humming and butterflies. ...
- Rendezvous -new- You are gorgeus, said the golf course to a grass...
- Democracy of the Third World -new- You must be demoratic. ...
- Reader's Letter -new- Dear editors, allow me to make some ...
- Application letter -new- Allow me to introduce myself, my name is ...
- Celan -new- At the heart of a bloody history I found Paul Celan ...
- Tears of Rain -new- Please do not aim me, a rifle wriggles and ...
Agus R. Sarjono (born 27 July 1962 in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia) is an Indonesian poet and author. In 1988, he graduated from Department of Indonesian Literature of IKIP Bandung, and then finished his postgraduate program in Universitas Indonesia at the faculty of literature and cultural studies in 2002.
He writes poems, short stories, essays, critics, and drama, which have been published in Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, and several journals in Germany, France, Netherlands, England, and the United States. His poems are included in more than twenty anthologies. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Agus R. Sarjono
At the heart of a bloody history
I found Paul Celan secretly taught
the mother of time and the seeds of night to walk.
But the night and time had stopped inside a puddle of black milk
where the bodies of gray-haired women were grievously laid.
Whose sharpness of ax it is,
if not His Excellency The Duke of Emptiness?
He collocated the golden death with the lips of love
Bodies of romance with tombs of laughter
Hips of laments with the napes of life
He arranged them in pairs
like arranging those that were not your eyes
not my eyes and not his eyes